What does motor home insurance cover?

Your RV is a significant investment. So, why would you drive around town in your home on wheels while uninsured? Work with the agents at America’s Choice Insurance Partners and we can help you find reliable motor home insurance at a price you can afford. What does an RV policy cover, though? Read on to find out!

A general overview of coverage

In general, motor home insurance covers:

  • Bodily Injury

  • Property Damage

  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist

  • Comprehensive and Collision

  • Medical Payments 

You can also purchase additional motor home insurance that includes roadside assistance, towing, and replacement cost for appliances destroyed. Some insurance policies even have an option known as vacation liability that pays for all damages incurred at a rest stop or camping site while the family is traveling. 

Doesn’t home insurance cover an RV?

Homeowner’s insurance pays for damages to your motor home if the vehicle is on the premises at the time of disaster. A home insurance policy will cover the cost of your RV when a natural disaster sweeps the vessel away while it was parked in your driveway. 

Homeowner’s insurance does not extend to the road. You cannot, in other words, use your home insurance policy if your RV is destroyed at a campsite. Homeowner’s insurance also falls short in the area of accidents. You are fully responsible for at-fault car accidents, which is why you need a motor home insurance plan that provides financial assistance. 

Call today for help!

The agents at America’s Choice Insurance Partners in Wixom, WI can explain the details of motor home insurance and help you find the policy that works best. Do not get caught unprepared! Call today to get started with a quote for your motor home.