As the winter months approach now is the time to prepare your car for the cold and snow. Taking a few simple steps to winterize your vehicle can help ensure that it runs reliably and safely in winter. Here are some tips from us at America’s Choice Insurance Partners to help you get started.
- Check your tires– Make sure that your tires are inflated correctly and have adequate tread to provide traction while driving on snowy or icy roads. If necessary, replace worn-out tires with winter-specific ones, and consider adding chains if you live in an area with heavy snowfall.
- Change your oil– Cold weather tends to put more strain on engine oil, so make sure that yours is clean and up-to-date.
- Check all fluids– You’ll also want to check all other fluids, such as coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and windshield wiper fluid, to ensure they are topped off and still effective at freezing temperatures.
- Test your battery– Your car’s battery should be able to handle cold temperatures without losing its charge too quickly. Have it tested by a professional if needed to ensure it lasts through the winter months without any issues.
- Replace windshield wipers – If your wipers are cracked or torn, replace them with winter blades that won’t freeze when exposed to cold temperatures.
By taking these easy steps now, you can save yourself from having costly repairs later on down the road this winter season! For more tips, call us at America’s Choice Insurance Partners today.